The True King of Beers

Tell us how great you think The King is!

The True King of Beers

Postby pontiacross » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:58 pm

so there I was standing face to face with the glass door of a display cooler in a liquor store in small town near Topeka Kansas. 6 friends and I had been given the daunting task of purchasing the Beer for a wedding reception that was going to happen later that night.
For a small town liquor store it had quite a selection, including many microbrews. the counter quickly began to fill up with high quality yet overpriced Beers such as Heineken, boulevard wheat, and Samuel Adams. I walked through the isles looking for the perfect evening beverage, when there it was sitting alone on the shelf like a golden egg in a pile of goose shit, A SIXER OF THE KING. I instantly knew this would be the Beer that would help make this evening a special one. However as with every great thing there are many nay sayers, as soon as I made my selection and began the long journey to the front counter I could hear shouts of ridicule and scolding. “ You must be joking right” and “your not putting that crap in with our beer” But I stood my ground like a modern day Rosa Parks, professing the greatness of king Cobra and how it is the finest tasting malt liquor ever produced. It took some convincing but the others soon realized that if the king would not be attending the wedding nor would I.
The next few hours would be the longest of my life all I could think about was those dark green cans under mountains of Ice , it seemed like it would be an eternity before the wedding would be over and the reception would begin. But all that wait would be worth it when I rapped my hand around that first can chilled to the perfect 32 degrees and cracked open the tap. People soon began to gather around to see what all the commotion was about, and they too wanted to feel the power of Riding The Cobra. While it was only a 6 pack it was enough to cause a stir the others could not believe the craftsmanship of this fine malt liquor. The next thing I knew the fraise “Ride the cobra” was born and there would soon be a internet website started in its honor.

And that is why King Cobra is the true King of Beers, could a 6 pack or Budweiser have this much of an effect on so many people I DON’T THINK SO.
Ross

Master Snake Charmer
pontiacross

Re: The True King of Beers

Postby elfurbe » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:14 pm

I was there, this is exactly how it happened. I...::sigh:: I was one of the naysayers. Yes, I. But no longer! This day changed my life.
Call me Austin Stevens cause I'm the snake master.
elfurbe

Postby pontiacross » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:27 pm

elfurbe wrote:I was there, this is exactly how it happened. I...::sigh:: I was one of the naysayers. Yes, I. But no longer! This day changed my life.

you should have stuck around a little later me and Easy E decided to close down the hotel bar and I definatly woke up in the bathroom in the middle of the nite with out any pants on, I'm not sure what that was all about though hopefully easy didn't try and take advantage of me :shock:
Ross

Master Snake Charmer
pontiacross

Postby elfurbe » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:25 pm

Well, Easy E, you never know with him. I'd say you should make it a policy to keep it together enough that you don't end up confused and missing your pants when he's around.
elfurbe

Postby elfurbe » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:03 am

Photographic Proof!

elfurbe

Postby pontiacross » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:02 pm

damn I forgot how much of a sexey piece of man meat I am! :roll:
pontiacross

Postby ALS » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:33 pm

i don't know about beer, but i sure rode the cobra that night ;)
ALS

Postby pontiacross » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:05 pm

ALS wrote:i don't know about beer, but i sure rode the cobra that night ;)

after relizeing who this came from, I would like to nominate this as post of the year!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Ross

Master Snake Charmer
pontiacross

Postby elfurbe » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:38 pm

I don't even know who this came from. Who are you ALS, what is your TRUE NAME?
elfurbe

Postby elfurbe » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:06 pm

Months later, I finally figure it out. Seconding Ross' vote for Post of the Year honors.
elfurbe

Next

Return to Testimonials